No,...Lucky Mama

Mary Whidden and James Phillips share about their daughter Langley- they also gave an overview of their China adoption experience.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Graduation!




It is never quite as romantic as you dream- anything- but especially this. I had this dream of Jamie holding Langley in his graduation gear- it was a dream I have had for a long time (I even wrote about it here months back)- he would be proud, I would be proud, she would be cute....
In reality- it was hot, the sun was too bright, the diaper bag and Langley weighed me down like a lead weight, Jamie had to rush to return his gown, there were 2 ceremonies- one of which I had to go to by myself with the baby (Jamie's Mom and My Mom were there for it too). She was a squirmy, squirmy girl- who was very loud at all the wrong times. I will never, ever give a "look" to the parent of a toddler (I hope I haven't so far- but if I did I am so so sorry).
Oh and Wolf Blizter gave a speech he should have given to a press club somewhere- I mean really what do graduates care about the state of journalism in Iraq. What about the “Your whole life ahead of you, You make the future” crap. (I actually think we did get a refurbished speech from another event!)
Here are some pictures of the blessed event.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

CONGRATS JAMIE! That is so fantastic! And CONGRATS TO YOU BOTH! Your family is so beautiful! I cannot wait to see you two and to meet Langley. We will try to make it up there as soon as we can! Love you!

10:22 PM  
Blogger Whidden-Phillips said...

Langley is a family last name (that died out for us) and when I was little I always named my dolls that- DH wasn't sold on the idea- until we looked it up in Chinese were it means bright and beautiful. I know that it wouldn't be used together in a name in China- but we thought that was cool- so that sealed the deal!

7:19 AM  
Blogger Whidden-Phillips said...

Erica- I miss you. Holly is coming to see you with a hug and kiss from us!!!!

7:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home