No,...Lucky Mama

Mary Whidden and James Phillips share about their daughter Langley- they also gave an overview of their China adoption experience.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Langley and the Cat


Langley and Adler do not get along. It is not for her lack of trying. Adler, for those of you who do not know him, is a skittish kitty. He will have nothing to do with her. We believe he thinks of her as the hairless cat that has stolen his humans. He only comes out when she is in her cage, I mean crib.
If he happens to need the littler box he is bombarded with screeches of delight- and little out-stretched arms willing to pet him- but to no avail. If we happen to be walking with her (she holds our fingers) she will chase him until he is safely back under the bed.
He has stopped throwing up and shedding an inordinate amount, which is good. I truly feel sorry for our furry baby- who has been with us since the Boston grad-school days. I wish I could comfort him and promise he won’t be prodded scratched or roughly petted- but alas I cannot- because he has tried many times to dislodge my eyeball and pull my hair- I also do not have claws. So maybe it is better they “admire” each other from afar for now.
More Later,
Love,
Mary

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home