No,...Lucky Mama

Mary Whidden and James Phillips share about their daughter Langley- they also gave an overview of their China adoption experience.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

Monday, August 14, 2006

VBS

Those of you who know me well (really well) know that when I was little I was a VBS junkie. Yes- I admit it I was addicted to Vacation Bible School. I am from a small town- I can remember going to the Baptist, Methodist, Church with the Green Roof…bibles schools (and of course our church- when we had it). I loved them- especially craft time- popsicle stick boxes with crosses painted on the top, shrinky dink-esque suncatcher-windchimes, pillows…
Well Langley had her first VBS experience last week. The theme this year at our church was “Fiesta.” I was group leader to the “Rabbits.” Jamie did skits at the beginning as a stranded tourist. I think Langley really enjoyed it- as much as a 17 month old can. She was really scared the first night and tired the third- but the other two nights she had such a good time. She danced and played and tried to run to Daddy when he was onstage being “Entertainment.” It is too early to tell if she will end up a junkie like her mom- but she is off to an earlier start than me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home