No,...Lucky Mama

Mary Whidden and James Phillips share about their daughter Langley- they also gave an overview of their China adoption experience.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

Thursday, March 29, 2007

All About Mary

Sorry I am not more interesting, but here are my answers...

1. Bought everyone in the bar a drink - No
02. Swam with wild dolphins – No, but I did swim with stingrays.
03. Climbed a mountain – Grandfather Mountain in NC.
04. Taken a Ferrari for a test drive - No.
05. Been inside the Great Pyramid – No.
06. Held a tarantula – Ick No.
07. Taken a candlelit bath with someone – Yes- Jamie.
08. Said “I love you’ and meant it - Yes, and often.
09. Hugged a tree – Yes.
10. Bungee jumped - No.
11. Visited Paris - Yes. But it was only a lay-over so we never left the airport.
12. Watched a lightning storm at sea – No
13. Stayed up all night long and saw the sun rise - No- tried though, but never made it
14. Seen the Northern Lights – No- but I will someday.
15. Gone to a huge sports game - Yep, I have seen the Reds, the Nationals, the Oreilles, and the Red Socks
16. Walked the stairs to the top of the leaning Tower of Pisa - No.
17. Grown and eaten your own vegetables – No- but I have family that gives me fresh ones.
18. Touched an iceberg -Nope.
19. Slept under the stars – No- Mosquitoes Suck- I prefer a tent or camper.
20. Changed a baby’s diaper - Um, duh.
21. Taken a trip in a hot air balloon – Nope
22. Watched a meteor shower - Yes, lots. My Dad was an astronomer and physicist before he retired.
23. Gotten drunk on champagne - Yes, Pink. In a Chinese Restaurant –I also ate lots of fried rice- then I threw up all night. Jamie said it looked like Maggots and blood.
24. Given more than you can afford to charity – No- I wish I was a better person.
25. Looked up at the night sky through a telescope – Duh- Dad Astronomer. Hell he even built one.
26. Had an uncontrollable giggling fit at the worst possible moment – Yes, usually meetings.
27. Had a food fight – Ewww- Gross no way!
28. Bet on a winning horse – Do family bets on Derby Day count?
29. Asked out a stranger - No.
30. Had a snowball fight – Yes- lots.
31. Screamed as loudly as you possibly can - Yes. I used to practice so I could be in Horror Films, another dream gone by the wayside.
32. Held a lamb – No, Petted- Yes.
33. Seen a total eclipse – Yes- Dad Astronomer… Sun, Moon….
34. Ridden a roller coaster - Many times- Love them.
35. Hit a home run –No.
36. Danced like a fool and not cared who was looking - All the time. Love to do it with Langley.
37. Adopted an accent for an entire day –Sadly, Yes.
38. Actually felt happy about your life, even for just a moment - Yes, but not nearly as often as I want to.
39. Had two hard drives for your computer – No, but at one point we had 5 computers.
40. Visited all 50 states – No- but I’ll start counting now.
41. Taken care of someone who was drunk - Yes, yes and yes. Isn't that what college is all about?
42. Had amazing friends – Ah Yes, What would I do without them?
43. Danced with a stranger in a foreign country – Yes- but very briefly, then I realized I was drunk and went to find Jamie.
44. Watched wild whales - No.
45. Stolen a sign - No.
46. Backpacked in Europe - No.
47. Taken a road-trip – Yeah I guess- you know when you can’t afford to fly, or have too much stuff to.
48. Gone rock climbing – I wish I could do it more.
49. Midnight walk on the beach –No- but it’s been real late before.
50. Gone sky diving - No.
51. Visited UK - No.
52. Been heartbroken longer than you were actually in love – Yes- Isn’t that what High School is for.
53. In a restaurant sat at a stranger’s table and had a meal with them – No (Unless you count Japanese steak houses where they sit strangers together).
54. Visited Japan - No.
55. Milked a cow - No.
56. Alphabetized your CDs - Of course. I'm OCD!
57. Pretended to be a superhero - Can you just say, "Wonder Twins, activate!!"
58. Sung karaoke – Bad Doris Day experience at a Sushi place.
59. Lounged around in bed all day – Ahh, Yes. And I dream to do it again (when I’m not sick)60. Posed nude in front of strangers - No.
61. Gone scuba diving - No.
62. Kissed in the rain - Yes.
63. Played in the mud – Eww- No- Sticky
64. Played in the rain – Yep- Jamie and I used to go for walks in the warm rain in Jackson.
65. Gone to a drive-in theater - Yes! To see “War Games”.
66. Visited China – YES!!!
67. Started a business – Did Premier Designs Jewelry.
68. Fallen in love and not had your heart broken - Yes.
69. Toured ancient sites – Yes- In China and Mexico
70. Taken a martial arts class - No.
71. Played a game for more than 6 hours straight – No but I sat and watched Jamie play Axis and Allies for about that long- never again.
72. Gotten married - Yes, and it better be the only time.
73. Been in a movie – Yep- “Oh Brother Where Art Thou”- I got baptized
74. Crashed a party - No.
75. Gotten divorced - No and hope I never do.
76. Gone without food for 5 days – No.
77. Made cookies from scratch - Yes. Peanut Butter Cookies Mostly.
78. Won first prize in a costume contest – Yes- Can we say Theatre Major?
79. Ridden a gondola in Venice - No.
80. Gotten a piercing – Only my Ears.
81. Rafted the Snake River – No- Where is That?
82. Been on television news programs as an “expert”- I went on as a Commedia character once.
83. Got flowers for no reason – I don’t think so
84. Performed on stage - Yep. Theatre Major.
85. Been to Las Vegas – No.
86. Recorded music – Only in one of those fake studios at Kings Island with my youth group in High School (Heart of Rockin’ Roll).
87. Eaten shark – I don’t think so, but maybe, I eat lots of things.
88. Had a one-night stand - No.
89. Gone to Thailand - No
90. Bought a house - Yes, those were the days.
91. Been in a combat zone - No.
92. Buried one / both of your parents – No- and hope not to for a very long time.
93. Been on a cruise ship – Yes- Love It.
94. Spoken more than one language fluently – No- but I know a little Croatian.
95. Performed in Rocky Horror – No
96. Raised children (or…raising children) – Yes- its wonderful (but we have not hit the teen years yet.
97. Followed your favorite band/singer on tour – No.
98. Taken an exotic bicycle tour in a foreign country - "No.
99. Where is 99?
100. Picked up and moved to another city to start over –No- but I just might.
101. Walked the Golden Gate Bridge - Yes, with Jamie. Windy as hell.
102. Sang loudly in the car, and didn’t stop when you knew someone was looking – Yes, but now Langley says- “No, Mommy”.
103. Had plastic surgery - No, but one can wish.
104. Survived an accident that you shouldn’t have survived - No, thank God.
105. Wrote articles for a large publication – No.
106. Lost over 100 pounds - No.
107. Held someone while they were having a flashback - No.
108. Piloted an airplane - No.
109. Petted a stingray – Yep- Wonderful.
110. Broken someone’s heart – No- but sometimes I wish I had- just to see what it felt like- but I bet it sucks
111. Helped an animal give birth - No.
112. Won money on a T.V. game show - No.
113. Broken a bone – Yep- Toes and Wrist.
114. Gone on an African photo safari - No.
115. Had a body part of yours below the neck pierced - No
116. Fired a rifle, shotgun or pistol - Yes.
117. Eaten mushrooms that were gathered in the wild - No.
118. Ridden a horse - Yes, several times.
119. Had major surgery - No.
120. Had a snake as a pet – No, No, No.
121. Hiked to the bottom of the Grand Canyon - No.
122. Slept for more than 30 hours over the course of 48 hours – I think So- I suffered from exhaustion once and think I slept like a week after.
123. Visited more foreign countries than U.S. states – No.
124. Visited all 7 continents - No.
125. Taken a canoe trip that lasted more than 2 days - No.
126. Eaten kangaroo meat – No- Does it taste like chicken?
127. Eaten sushi – LOVE IT.
128. Had your picture in the newspaper – Yes lots. But I grew up in a small town.
129. Changed someone’s mind about something you care deeply about – No- but I have made people do things they didn’t want to before.
130. Gone back to school – No- went staright through and got a Master’s, but some day maybe…
131. Parasailed - No.
132. Petted a cockroach - Eww, eww, eww!!
133. Eaten fried green tomatoes – Yummy!
134. Read The Iliad and The Odyssey by Homer – Do Cliff’s Notes Count?
135. Selected one “important” author who you missed in school, and read. – Does Anne Rice count?
136. Killed and prepared an animal for eating - No.
137. Skipped all your high school reunions – Yep- So Far
138. Communicated with someone without sharing a common spoken language - Yes, It was fun.
139. Been elected to public office – Yes (Small Town).
140. Written your own computer language – Nope
141. Thought to yourself that you’re living your dream – Yes.
142. Had to put someone you love into hospice care - Thankfully, no.
143. Built your own PC from parts - No.
144. Sold your own artwork to someone who didn’t know you - Nope.
145. Had a booth at a street fair - Yes.
146. Dyed your hair - Yes. Must do it again to get rid of the grays.
147. Been a DJ - No.
148. Shaved your head - Nope.
149. Caused a car accident – Yes-I rear ended a lady After school one day in the high school driveway- I was a High School Teacher at the time and the kids gave me hell about it for a while.
150. Saved someone's life – I don’t think so.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uhh, we have two hard drives for our computer.

10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home