No,...Lucky Mama

Mary Whidden and James Phillips share about their daughter Langley- they also gave an overview of their China adoption experience.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

Sunday, September 24, 2006

Mooncakes



In China its almost time for the Mid-Autumn Festival, this year I think its on October 8th. So I went and bought traditional Mooncakes (because this is the festival of the Moon Lady). Serioulsy who am I kidding like I need another reason to eat sweets- I mean if you know my family you know I was born with Cream Candy and Peanut Butter Fudge in my bottle.
Mooncakes are a sort of dense pastry with filling- the tradition flavors are Lotus, Mung Bean and 5 Flavor. They are beautiful- the top is so intricate- they are put into a mold before baking. These are great- different but really good. I had heard all these stories that they were too sweet (is there such a thing?) and awful. Oh how wrong they are- although I do have some more adventurous flavors for the actual event. Anyway Langley loves them too. Here are pictures of her half- and her eating. These are the 5 flavor kind. (I forgot to take pictures the first time she had it- so this is the second).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home