No,...Lucky Mama

Mary Whidden and James Phillips share about their daughter Langley- they also gave an overview of their China adoption experience.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

Monday, May 23, 2005

Long time- No post

OK- it’s been a while since my last post. There is really not much new to tell. We are DTC, but still do not have our Log In Date (LID). I am hoping it is already logged in. The agency said they would email us with the LID when they had it- but it would take a while. They also said they we wouldn't hear much from them until the referral- I guess there is not much to tell till then.

I did get some exciting news from the company I work for. On Friday we got our Open Enrollment Package for the year, not exciting in and of itself- but I was reading over it and there in Big Bold Print was a new for Fiscal Year 2006 area and the first thing on it was adoption partial reimbursement benefits. I worked my tail off in January writing a prospectus for them- telling them how great it would be. I never heard anything back- not even a "We received your idea, but no thanks." (I tried to sell the idea to them as less than 1/2 of 1% of your employees will use this- but it will make you look so good. Other growing companies are doing it- and you don't want to be left behind. The whole proposal was 14 pages long.) I have no idea what the benefits will be- it said on the flyer that details will follow in the coming weeks- but every little bit will help. And even if it is too late for us- hopefully others will benefit. I think it is so great!

Now everyone please pray for no Bird Flu or SARS epidemic before we get Langley. Jamie thinks I am crazy for worrying about things I have no control over.

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

I have no control over bird flu, I have no control over bird flu, I have no control over bird flu, I have no control over bird flu, I have no control over bird flu………

Love, Mary

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jamie and Mary,
I found you blogspot and got caught up on what you guys are up to. Hope thats not creepy how easily I found this and you online...crazy stuff. Anyway, you guys are amazing! I'm sure everything will be great! Keep in touch...I miss you guys! Love ya's!
James Hansen
8135 Rockledge Trail
Saint Louis, MO 63125
(606) 356-6205

11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home