No,...Lucky Mama

Mary Whidden and James Phillips share about their daughter Langley- they also gave an overview of their China adoption experience.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Travel Dates- WooHoo

OK Everyone- Here is a rough itinerary for our trip. I am not sure what day we go to Guangzhou. But we will get home on the 8th of April. If anyone wants to meet Langley at the airport you are more than welcome to come. We will be flying into Baltimore around 8:50pm- but those details will follow.

March 22: Leave for China
March 23-28: Arrive in Beijing and sightsee
March 28: Fly to Chongqing and get Langley
March 29-April 5: Finalize Adoption, Sightsee, Shop, Fly to Guangzhou Sometime
April 6: Consulate Appointment in Guangzhou
April 8: Arrive Home

I am so excited I don’t know what to do. The house is a wreck- I have everything to pack in an area- but haven’t packed much of it yet. But those of you who know me know that I have inherited the master packer gene from the Whidden side and if I have to slide deodorant into shoes that already have travel toothpaste in them I can do it and everything will fit!
We hope my parents and sister arrive early enough (from Kentucky) to clean the house for us before we get back from China. Just Kidding .

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mary,

I'm a friend of your counsin Angie in KY. I was talking to her just last night and she was telling me that you were waiting for TA. I am impatiently waiting for my referral. I was DTC on 8-30-05 and have a LID of 9-29-05. Congratulations on your new daughter and have a wonderful trip!

Stephanie in KY

9:24 AM  
Blogger Whidden-Phillips said...

I hopr your referral comes soon- believe me I know how the waiting sucks! I can't believe we are leaving in a few days. It will happen- even if it feels like forever. Have you joined your DTC group on yahoo- or the APC yahoo group? They helped me through so much.
Love,
Mary
PS- Any questions of tips you need let me know- I can't promise I will know the answers but I will try!

10:48 AM  
Blogger Ava Baby said...

Mary,

I'm with you, WOOHOO! Hope you get better quickly since you are practically on the plane to get your daughter. Best of luck!
Michele
LID 9/26

5:19 PM  
Blogger Barbara Ley said...

Congrats on getting your travel days lined up--I'm very excited for you. Have a great time meeting Langley, and I hope your cold goes away soon:-)

Barb (Paul Brewer's wife)

1:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home