No,...Lucky Mama

Mary Whidden and James Phillips share about their daughter Langley- they also gave an overview of their China adoption experience.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

More Bad News from China

Well- referral times are still going up. It is reported that the only referrals coming out this month are up to March 17th- instead of the whole (or almost whole) month. This means that we are probably looking at a December referral instead of November, but because we do not know our Log In Date it could be as late as January. I am not sure I can take it. The China Adoption office is also closed an entire week at the begining of October for the Chinese National Holiday- so who know what else will slow down because of that.
Between this my cold and my hayfever- I feel really drained and almost in tears and well as sick to my stomach. Jamie keeps reminding me that we will get this child that is meant for us- but sometimes that is hard to believe. Then there are the other things that keep running through my head- if referral times are going up the babies will stay longer in the orphanage and be older when they come home. I want Langley as soon as possible so she doesn't have to stay there long.
Right now I am trying just to let the news sink in- and accept it. Once I can accept December- maybe I can think about accepting January- which is where it may end up.
Right now I am drowning my sorrows with a Starbucks iced coffee and a glazed donut. I have plenty of time to run it off before Langley gets here.
And to top it all off Rori and Lorelei still haven't made up on Gilmore Girls.
I just want to hibernate until our referral.
Sorry this post is so down I will try harder next time!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know how you feel our LID is May26th the waiting is really hard to know my daughter is waiting for her mom & dad is killing me. I pray someone in the ccaa is moving quickly and will get our refferal soon untill then I will keep you in our prays I hope you hear soon.
Christine(Tara's mom)

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home