No,...Lucky Mama

Mary Whidden and James Phillips share about their daughter Langley- they also gave an overview of their China adoption experience.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

Friday, July 07, 2006

COPACABANA

Thought I would write an update about cutie this morning, and some of the things she does and loves.
She has started walking again, actualy a while ago- she is getting very good, and doesn't freak out when she falls anymore (unless she thinks it will get her attention- which believe me she gets in droves). She also crawls a bunch- if walking is just too much trouble.
She points to the cat and either says "at" or "ouw" (cat, meow).
She pulls herself up on our headboard at night to survey the room. Then laughs and claps. I tried for a while to stop this- but it was a losing battle. (Jamie doesn't let her do it- but he is a better person than I am).
She loves kareoke- we have it on the "On Demand" funtion of cable. She likes the kids songs- but LOVES "Copacabana." I think we would sing and dance to it all day if it were up to her.
She loves the park- especially the swings and slides. Jamie usually takes her early in the morning before it gets hot.
She loves her "Oh Veggie Where Art Thou" CD.
She loves the kiddie pool and any kind of water- I can't wait to take her to the beach in August.
She loves blueberries and cantalope and cucumbers.
She loves being held upside down.
She loves cell phones, or anythign she can pretend is a cell phone (remote controls, watches) and put to her ear. She says "aow-oh" then listens.
My parents and sister are here- Langley is an angel with my Mom. Its crazy- she will sit in her lap for HOURS being good. Don't get me wrong- Langley is a great girl- but she can be a Saint for Mawmaw.
Love,
Mary

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home